Current research: composition
- Soundhunting - acousmatic music using natural recordings.
- Primitive Phase for wind instruments and electronic sounds.
- Sonic Art: Recipes and Reasonings. Coursework book on computer music and composition
- Open-Source Audio-Visual software in the Music Department using pure data, csound, blue and supercollider. Ongoing development of free and easy to use learning packages.
- Sound diffusion: the performance practice of acousmatic music.
- 'AA' - acousmatic analysis. Triangulating polar descriptors to define and refine the composition process.
Current research: writing
- Knowledge and Experience in Electroacoustic Music: where is the common ground? Paper and concert given at The University of Bristol, 11th November 2009.
- History and archival: the pitfalls of storage. Paper given at Colloque international informatique musicale: Cite de la musique, Paris (5th, 6th November 2009)
- Ongoing work using open source technologies:
- Transitory states - electroacoustic music with real-time improvisation, performance and diffusion:
Short demonstration video: download copy with stereo sound here
- Continued work on Transitory States for triggered soundfiles and graphics tablet audio manipulations.
Other writings about electroacoustic music:
Link to my RAE submission